Student Work Permits

Student Work Permits 

Individuals under 18 years of age wishing to obtain employment must have the appropriate "Combined Offer of Employment and Work Permit/Age Certification" form completed and signed. Students and parents need to complete Section I of the appropriate form and the employer completes Section II. Once section I and section II have been completed, the forms must be signed by a Michigan School Official. 

Students wishing to obtain employment while the stay safe, stay home order is in effect, need to do all of the following:

1) Obtain the appropriate form and complete Section I. Currently, forms can be obtained from the Administration and Services Center, 250 Second Street, or you may send an email Rebecca Ellis ( and request a form be sent to you via US mail. If you request by email, you must provide a home address and indicate which of the two forms you need. Hard Copies of the forms are also available for pickup outside the front door at the Administration and Services center in a plastic container. 

2) Submit the form with Section I completed to the potential employer. Have the potential employer complete Section II (Offer of Employment) and return the form to the student. 

3) Once Section I and Section II have been completed, the form can be dropped off at the Administration and Services Center (250 Second Street) and placed in the plastic bin inside the file labeled “Completed Work Permits Requiring Authorization” or sent via US mail to Lapeer Community Schools Administration & Services Center, 250 Second Street, Lapeer, MI 48446. Please note that if you are not a current LCS student, in order to sign the form, we will need to have a copy of a picture ID or a Birth Certificate. Section III will be completed by an employee of LCS and mailed back to you or you will be contacted for pick-up. If you place a form in the bin, please email to alert us that a form has been returned. 

4)  Return the completed form (Section I, II and III) to your potential employer.